club logo

Tico Byte for September, 2019

Hello, PC Club members,

The 3rd Saturday is coming up again this weekend.  The PC Club meeting will be on September 21st this month, at the Pan American School in Belen starting at 9 AM.  (Signs will be posted on the small entrance in the South part of the parking lot.)  We will be meeting in our normal room in the bottom floor of the Yellow Building, all the way to the back. Coffee, snacks, & conversation will be available, as always, at 8:30.  Bring anything computer-related that you have questions about or anything you would like to share with the group.

  1. Dick will open the meeting & preside over club business.

  2. Ken will welcome guests & new members.

  3. Ken's Treasurer's Report:  $1627.15 in the treasury with 27 paid memberships for 2019. [Ed. Note: The full Treasurer's Report is open to logged-in club members only.] Will Jo Reinmiller be our next Treasurer?

    Dues remain $30/year/family. (New members' dues are prorated to remaining months in their 1st year.)

  4. Dick will moderate the microphone going around the room to hear your news & questions. The meeting will be recorded, so please use the microphone & say your name.

    Suggestions: Tell us what topics you’d like to see. Mention what you spent most of your time on this month. (3 or 4 minutes/person)

  5. Break (15 min)
  6. Topics of interest

    1. Plans for our Christmas party @ Joan & Lenny’s, Saturday December 7th, 12 noon.

      1. Party Chair: Maintains a list of attendees & coordinates who is bringing what to eat. (Need a volunteer.)
      2. Jean will buy & cook the turkey [reimbursed, of course].
      3. Kim will MC the Yankee gift swap & keep a list of participants.
      4. Tom will help w/ the cleanup.

    2. Helen will talk to us about WhatsApp. Here's a document about that, also.

    3. Dick will present a refresher on what we have on our website. (Time permitting)

    4. Club future: At the June meeting the club voted to make plans to close the club at the end of the year if no club member stepped forward to be President for next year. Dick welcomes any ideas on keeping the club alive. If we close, we will need to decide on what to do with funds in our treasury before the end of the November meeting.

  7. Potential Topics

    1. Smart phone topics
    2. (Sid) Presentation from Apple rep (or knowledgeable user)
    3. (Dick) Revisiting the Member Forum (where your login is the same as logging into the club website)
    4. Helen will ask for more potential topics & presenters: Tell us what you want to hear about.
  8. 'Hope to hear your ideas at the meeting,

    Dick Sandlin

     

    Top of Page Back to 1st Page