club logo

Tico Byte for October, 2019

Hello, PC Club members,

The 3rd Saturday is coming up again this weekend.  The PC Club meeting will be on October 19th this month, at the Pan American School in Belen starting at 9 AM.  (Signs will be posted on the small entrance in the South part of the parking lot.)  We will be meeting in our normal room in the bottom floor of the Yellow Building, all the way to the back. Coffee, snacks, & conversation will be available, as always, at 8:30.  Bring anything computer-related that you have questions about or anything you would like to share with the group.

  1. Dick will open the meeting & preside over club business.

  2. Ken will welcome guests & new members.

  3. Ken's Treasurer's report :  $1627.15 in the treasury with 27 paid memberships for 2019. [Ed. Note: The Club Financials are open to logged-in club members only.]

    Dues remain $30/year/family. (New members' dues are prorated to remaining months in their 1st year.)

  4. Dick will moderate the microphone going around the room to hear your news & questions. The meeting will be recorded, so please use the microphone & say your name.

    Suggestions: Tell us what topics you’d like to see. Mention what you spent most of your time on this month. (3 or 4 minutes/person)

  5. Break (15 min)
  6. Dick will give us the status of the search for a Club President for 2020. If any candidates step forward to put their name in the hat, we will be able to continue the Club as we have for the last 18 years. If no one does so, we will likely have to close the club after this year.

  7. Connie will lead a discussion about, "If we decide to close the club, how will we dispurse the club treasury?"

  8. Topics of interest

    1. Ken will tell us about Digital Signatures.

    2. Connie & Dick will be travelling to Texas next month & Ken will preside over the November club meeting.

    3. Connie has agreed to coordinate the food for the Club Christmas Party. If you haven't already let her know what food you plan to bring to the party, please send her email soon. She is trying to avoid having everyone bringing the same dish, so please let her know soon. Jean will bring the turkey. Kim will bring dressing for the turkey & be the MC for the Yankee Swap. And Tom has volunteered to help w/ the cleanup. We are grateful to Joan & Lenny to be our hosts again this year on Dec 7th fm 11am-2pm.

  9. Potential Topics

    1. Smart phone topics

    2. (Sid) Presentation from Apple rep (or knowledgeable user)

    3. (Dick) Revisiting the Member Forum (where your login is the same as logging into the club website)

    4. Helen will ask for more potential topics & presenters: Tell us what you want to hear about.

  10. 'Hope to see you at the meeting,

    Dick Sandlin

         

    Top of Page Back to 1st Page